Let me start by saying that I'm super glad tomorrow is FRIDAY! Here are a few things I'm looking forward to over the weekend:
*Troy working more on the nursery - our goal is to have it ready to put in new carpet before we leave to go out of town for Thanksgiving
*getting my hair cut
*going to see Amber (my step-sis) sing at the Wylie Opry
*getting ready for Kansas!
We are going to see Troy's dad and extended family in Topeka, Kansas & Blue Springs, MO for Thanksgiving. We always have a good time when we go up there and we don't see his family there very often, maybe twice a year.
The nursery is coming along quite nicely. Troy has painted the ceiling and walls. He'll start putting up the baseboards, wainscot paneling and chair rail this weekend. Here are some pictures of what it looks like now. And of how messy our dining room is since it's turned into storage space.
Also, let me say how great Craigslist is. We've been able to purchase a crib, changing table and glider for a grand total of $315!!!!! If we had decided to buy all new furniture, the crib alone would have cost that much. Here's the breakdown:
*White Sleigh Crib w/Massive Drawer: $150
*White Sleigh Changing Table w/2 Baskets: $80 (it's various pieces are all over the dining room, alas, no picture right now)
*White Shermag Glider with Light Green Cushions: $85
And, just because it's cute, here is a picture of the adorable giraffe we bought baby Emma at Target last night:
And, last but not least, here is a picture of me from last Sunday at 22 weeks prego. So far, I've gained about 9 lbs. - yay me! I always thought I would blow up gigantic when I got pregnant but keeping the weight gain to the bare minimum hasn't been hard so far.

2 comments:
I also love craigslist. We have practically furnished our whole house with it. =)
i love the wall color you chose!
if you guys need a rest stop (overnight or even for a quick bite) on your way to kansas our door is open! we're just a couple miles off of i-35 near okc.
Post a Comment