In case you are wondering what is going on that is making my life so exciting right now, I'M PREGNANT! We are excited beyond words! We had been trying for a long time (approx. 1.5 years!) so when we found out in July, we were ecstatic! My official due date (at least for the time being) is March 26th, though I really don't think I'll go that far.
We found out about 2 weeks ago we're having a girl. Her name is going to be Emma Jane. We had a cupcake party with family and friends to spread the news. We had cupcakes made with pink icing in the middle so we didn't tell anybody when we had our sonogram. Thank goodness I only had to wait a few hours before we could spill the beans. Everyone was so surprised it was a girl! Most people thought it would be a boy.
I'm 21.5 weeks right now (my weeks change on Mondays) so I'm half way there. I've been feeling great the entire time - I never even got sick! I was extremely tired at the beginning but other than that, things really have been a breeze. I've starting showing so I'm slowing acquiring maternity clothes. And, just in the last week or so, I'm starting to feel her move much more. I think I've got her nailed for a morning person - she's been moving when I drive into work and when I first get here for the last several days.
We are slowly but surely buying furniture for the nursery. We found a great crib on Craigslist and are going to look at a changing table this weekend. Here is the crib - disassembled.

3 comments:
We're so excited for you guys! Did you ever end up finding a doctor or midwife you like?
thanks - we are super excited too! i did find a birthing center here in dallas that has been great so far. it's called the birth and women's center and they have 2 or 3 midwives. they also have a tub so i can be in the water if i want.
I'm so excited that you guys have already started to paint the nursery!! Come paint mine!!
Post a Comment