CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

6.20.2008

TGIF!!!

TGIF!!! I love Fridays! It's nice to come to the end of the week and know that you don't have to go to work for 2 days. For us, the weekends are usually full and busy but we love spending time with family & friends, hanging out in the pool, going to church, etc. - all of which we plan on doing this weekend!

We've had busier week than normal. Wednesday we ended up with tickets to the Ranger game. We had a blast with Kyle and Deonna! I also did my Pilates class, which did kick my butt, as expected. I'm still feeling a little sore today! But, now I feel motivated to keep up the hard work and do it more often so that's exciting! Maybe I can get serious about trying to get fit now! Troy and I ran a bunch of errands last night - we had Panda for dinner (thanks for the coupon Jill!), then went to Linens-N-Things (which is closing so everything is on sale) for a wedding shower gift, walked around Home Depot - and then went home. He watched a movie while I did various things around the house like laundry, making pasta salad for work today and painting my toenails.

Who knows what is in store for tonight! We haven't talked to or seen the Ward's all week so hopefully we can hook up with them tonight. Tomorrow, I have a wedding shower to go to and then we are getting together with some friends over at Sam's house to swim and cookout. Sunday will be church and then hopefully we can work out going to the movies with Kyle and Deonna (Hulk or Indiana Jones - what is your pick???).

I did email my two friends on Wednesday afternoon, neither of which turned out to be very easy. But, it's done - whew!!!

I mentioned a couple of entries ago that you could look forward to two things:
*mine and Troy's own "30 Days" experiment
*why I chose the 2 Jane Austen quotes to the right

See below.

Troy and I watched the movie "Supersize Me" a couple of weeks ago now and felt pretty disgusted about what fast food can do to your body and health. We decided to start our own '30 Days' experiment - no fast food for 30 days! We started June 11th and so far, so good (not counting the fries we had at the Ranger game Wed. night!) We defined fast food as about anything with a drive thru, meaning that places like Subway, Chipotle, Panda, Jason's Deli, Souper Salad, etc. don't count as fast food. The whole point is to try to encourage us to eat at home more. We figured we can run to the grocery store and get something for dinner just as fast as we can go to a drive thru. Stay tuned for more results...

***"Where so many hours have been spent in convincing myself that I am right, is there not some reason to fear I may be wrong?" - Jane Austen***

I really like this quote because it reminds me that it is okay to be wrong. I have this issue/problem with always wanting to be right. I have to work really hard at just letting small things go b/c it really doesn't matter that we had so-and-so's car from 3 years ago was silver and not gold, for example. It reminds me that I need to be a quiet, gentle-spirited woman of God and not argue with everything little thing.

***"There will be little rubs and disappointments everywhere, and we are all apt to expect too much; but then, if one scheme of happiness fails, human nature turns to another; if the first calculation is wrong, we make a second better: we find comfort somewhere." - Jane Austen***

This reminds me that as a human race, no matter our race, size, sex, belief, etc. we all seek comfort in something, whether that be another person, food, money, drugs, books, exercise, entertainment, sex, alcohol, the list goes on and on. It reminds me, that as a Christian, I need to seek comfort in the Ultimate Comforter; that it is a privilege and honor to be able to run to my Heavenly Father in times of need or trouble. It reminds me that I need to be content with all the Lord has provided and blessed me with and not always want/wish for more. It also reminds me, that as a Christian, I need to share that Gift with those I come in contact with!

0 comments: