If you don't want to read the long version of this blog, skip down to where it says "Begin Here." All you are missing is the recap of what I've been doing since last Thursday - nothing major.Well, not a whole lot has gone on since my last entry, but here's a quick recap for ya:
*We had great fun over at Kyle and Deonna's house last Thursday. They prepared a wonderful, hearty meal for us after which we learned a new card game, 13. I basically sucked at it but it was fun nonetheless. We introduced them to Flight of the Conchords and Business Time, which made us all laugh hysterically. Then, I beat everyone at Scattegories. The best part about this was when Kyle said something along the lines of "I pretty much own this game" before we started. Who owns it now, huh?
*Friday I went to our department's resident graduation out in Las Colinas and Troy, unfortunately, got stuck at home all alone. I tried to get him to come with me but he didnt want to. He called a few friends but they were all busy or didnt answer.
*Saturday we went out to Ham's Orchard in Terrell with the Ward's and bought some fresh fruits and veggies. We also got some delicious fudge - 4 different flavors! We were so excited, key word being 'were' (we discovered on Sunday morning that it had been eaten by the ants that have invaded our kitchen!). Then we all chilled at our casa for a while and ended up at their place making dinner and playing with the kids.
*Sunday we went over to my dad's and made breakfast for everyone for Father's Day. It was pretty dang good! We had french toast, bacon and eggs - yummy! We didn't end up going to church because I had a massive headache(the same one I went to bed with Sat. night). We hung out there most of the day and then went to Mary's sister's house for a family get together. We swam, cooked out, watched TV and talked. It was a great time!
*Monday, Troy and I hung out at home. We had dinner and watched TV and went for a walk.
*Last night, our friend Sam came over. We had dinner, drove around gawking at the massive houses in Sunnyvale, successfully found the random light bulbs that fit our new front porch light at Lowe's and saw about 800 pictures from Sam's trip to Israel and Jordan. It ended up being a late night and I'm feeling it today. But Sam is always worth it! I love that girl!
***Begin Here.***
So, you may be wondering what in the world the picture above is for. I found out last Friday from a friend at work that there is a free, that's right - free, pilates class every Wednesday at 5pm here at work!!! My friend Jill and I are going today. Neither of us has worked out in a while and are a little unsure of how its going to go. I've done pilates before at home, where no one sees me struggling and/or looking like a complete idiot. I'm just worried that I'm going to show up and it's going to be all these super-fit, skinny girls that are, like, professional pilates people. I have prepared myself for a thorough butt-kicking and believe I am ready for the pain that will ensue once the class begins (that will probably last for a couple days once its over too!).
I mentioned in my last blog that you guys had a couple of things to look forward to reading, however I'm going to skip over those for this entry and get to a couple of more serious things.
I have two friends that I need to email back, both of which I have been avoiding replying to. I'm not going to go into details about the situations but I ask that you pray for me as I respond to them. I believe they are both Christians, though I don't really know where either is in their own journey with the Lord. I'm not a confrontational person, nor do I like being a defensive person. These two situations each require me to be a little of both. I'm not quite sure how to answer either of them, hence why I haven't yet. I feel like I need to just do it and get it done but am scared and worried that I won't "say" the right things. I'm just hoping and praying that the Lord will put the right words in my hands when the time comes.
On another note, I feel like I am at a weird place in my life where I don't really have a "best" friend. Or, I suppose I should clarify, a female "best" friend. Troy, of course, is my best friend and helpmate and partner and I love him immensely. However, I believe a female "best" friend is necessary for all ladies! Don't get me wrong, I have some awesome girlfriends that I love with all my heart. The Lord has blessed me with some great Christian friends - Kristy, Sam, Deonna - and I am so thankful for having them in my life. I have some great friends at work, too. I enjoy spending time with them and talking with them. But, currently (and not for a long time now), I have no girlfriend in which I feel I can confide in 100%. I feel like I had that with Christina, but now that she is back in Maryland, we don't get to talk often or for very long and obviously, we don't get to see each other. When she was here, I felt like we were both in the same stage in life, especially in our spiritual lives. She was such an encouragement to me. She challenged me and encouraged me and was with me through some hard times. I long for that again. I long for a friend that is excited about the friendship as I am, that wants to hang out and have "girl time," that shares interests and passions and enjoys talking about anything for however long, whether that be over the phone or in person. My entire life, up until this point, I have always had one or more of these "best" friends. Now that I don't, I feel kind of lost. On the flipside, I suppose I need to stop complaining and seeking for human friendship and instead, pursue the relationship that is most important in this world. Then, maybe I wouldn't feel so lost and, who knows, then, maybe "all these things may be added unto me."

1 comments:
Hopefully you'll be able to move a little better tomorrow! Just remember...no pain no gain! hahaha.. Of course it's easy for me to say since I didn't go! :o)
Post a Comment