Hello blog world! I know it's been a while since I posted but things have been fairly busy, both at work and outside work.
Today, I am 34 weeks preggo! 34 weeks - I can hardly believe it. It's slightly scary but also super exciting at the same time. Here are my goals for this weekend, which, as you can see, are take care of some pretty big things that need to be done before she comes:
1. Get travel system (car seat with base and stroller).
2. Get car seat base installed.
3. Pick up dresser from Craigslist. We haven't seen it in person but I'm 99% sure we are going to buy it. This means we can actually start putting stuff on the walls too!
4. Get her diaper bag ready to go! Which means washing some of her clothes and blankets.
5. Get mine and Troy's bag as ready as we can. There are a few things, like snacks and drinks, that can't be added until that day comes but we should be able to get the rest ready to go before then.
I think I'll be able to breath a little easier (figuratively, not literally with her in there still!) once those things are accomplished.
We've had 2 baby showers so far and have 2 more coming up. I had one at work on February 4th and then we had our family shower on the 6th. I can honestly say this little girl is already spoiled! She has so many clothes its unbelievable! Here are a couple of pictures from the family shower: Me with Mary and Susan, the hostesses, and me and my sister, Brittany.
Some of Troy's family came down from Kansas to come to the shower which was awesome! We had a great time seeing them and playing games, even though it was a quick trip. Mackie loved Grandma Terri. He sat in her arms for a long time while we played cards:
He had to get some time in with Grandpa too:
And then Molly got a little jealous so she had to get in Troy's lap:
Then, this week we got hit with crazy snow! I think the final total after 24 hours of non-stop falling snow was 12 inches - a whole entire foot! Crazy! Here are some pictures of our house:
And, last but not least, this weekend is Valentine's Day and my wonderful husband was very thoughtful and sweet and planned out a surprise for me! He made a gift bag and card and got Emma a sweet little dress which he delivered to my friend from work's house on Monday so she could bring it to me today. He knew I wanted to get Emma a cute little dress for Easter and for a friend's wedding in April - he remembered! Thank goodness the roads were good enough to come in! And, he had some tulips, my absolute favorite!, delivered to me at work too. Here's a picture of the whole thing:
That's about all for now! I'll definitely be taking pictures as we get stuff hung on the wall in her room. And, as I mentioned, we still have 2 showers, one at the church and one with family friends so more pictures to come from those as well. Ta-ta for now!








0 comments:
Post a Comment